It was reported that, the unfortunate incident occurred at a vending workhouse, at Daun district when a spark mistakenly touched a leaking gas cylinder, leading to the explosion.
However, firefighters have to work for several hours to be able to put off the flame which was caused by negligence, and subsequently move out other gas cylinders to avoid further spread of the flame.
What is your opinion on the careless use of gas in Nigeria?
Most people keep their gas cylinder carelessly, putting their lives and that of others in danger, we need to understand that precautions are to be taken when using gas.
It has been reported several times about gas explosions in Nigeria, leading to death and destructions of properties worth millions because of the careless use of gas, and most at times we buy cylinders that are leaking from uncertified dealers.
Content created and supplied by: Continental (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More