Aside from being the first female fighter pilot, there are many things that many don't know about the pilot. Here are a few of them:
1. Tolulope Arotile is a native of Iffe area in Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi State and was born in 1995.
2. Arotile attended the Air Force Primary and Secondary School in Kaduna.
3. She enrolled in the Nigerian Air Force Pilot Training School on December 22, 2012.
4. In 2017, she graduated from aviation academy in Kaduna and became an Air Force officer on September 16, 2017.
5. She was chosen for the training in South Africa because of her performance while studying in the pilot school in Kaduna.
6. On October 15, 2019, she had 460 hours of flying in 14 months.
7. Arotile was honoured as the first female fighter pilot in the Nigerian Air Force in 55 years.
8. Minister of Women and Development, Dame Pauline Tallen and Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar honored her in October 2019.
9. Less than a year after she was honoured, Arotile, Nigeria's first female fighter pilot, died in a car accident at the age of 24.
10. During her short but fruitful life, the late Arotile played a key role in the aftermath of the militancy that plagued in the north-central states. She is flying Operation Gama Aiki in Minna, Niger State.
Content created and supplied by: belwas (via Opera News )