Sign in
Download Opera News App

Public Safety


Crime Justice



Two Suffocate to Death in Anambra After Inhaling Charcoal Fumes in Bedroom.

Two persons, a 65 years old woman and her 12 year old house help have reportedly died in Anambra State, following inhalation of fumes from a burning charcoal, lighted to keep the house warm and away from the cold weather.

Anambra State Police Public relations officer, Haruna Mohammed, in his statement said the two were found dead in their apartment on Wednesday by neighbors, after they failed to wake up in the morning.

The police spokesman said that preliminary investigation revealed that the duo had ignited a charcoal fire to keep the room warm , leaving all windows shut without proper ventilation.

He added that the charcoal container used in setting the fire was recovered as exhibit while corpse of the deceased persons have been deposited at Ekwulobia hospital morgue, pending autopsy.

Mr Haruna said that Investigation to uncover the circumstances surrounding the duos death is currently ongoing.

Drop Your Comments Down below and Don't Forget to Like, Share and Follow Me.

Content created and supplied by: Donzicky51 (via Opera News )

Anambra Anambra State Haruna Haruna Mohammed


Load app to read more comments