Here are some things you should avoid doing while driving an automatic car:
1. Resting your foot on the brake pedal: According to Mechanicbase, Keeping your foot on the brake pedal can cause unnecessary wear and tear on the brakes and also reduce fuel efficiency. It can also lead to brake overheating and premature brake failure.
2. Shifting into neutral while driving: Shifting into neutral while driving an automatic car can cause the engine to rev too high and reduce the driver's control over the vehicle. It can also cause wear and tear on the transmission and reduce fuel efficiency.
3. Overlooking warning lights: Automatic cars have a range of warning lights that can indicate problems with the car, such as the check engine light or low oil pressure light. Ignoring these warning lights can lead to further damage to the car and potentially costly repairs.
4. Neglecting routine maintenance: Like any other vehicle, an automatic car requires routine maintenance such as oil changes, brake pad replacements, and tire rotations. Neglecting routine maintenance can lead to performance issues, decreased fuel efficiency, and potentially costly repairs down the line.
5. Texting or using a phone: Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents, and texting or using a phone while driving an automatic car is no exception. It's important to keep your eyes on the road and focus on driving, even in an automatic car.
6. Resting your hand on the gear selector: While not as critical as resting your foot on the brake pedal, resting your hand on the gear selector can cause unnecessary wear and tear on the transmission and also reduce fuel efficiency.
Remember, safe driving habits are important no matter what type of car you're driving, and it's important to pay attention to warning lights and take care of routine maintenance to keep your car running smoothly.
Content created and supplied by: HealthMaster1 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More