A gear box is a transmission device which is used between engine's output shaft and the final drive in order to transfer required torque and power to the wheels of the vehicle, a gear box consists of the set of gears which are spur, helical, bevel, worm and epicycle. And they come in different sizes and forms depending on the brand often car the model.
Let me start by saying cars are prone to develop faulty over a particular period of time and it can be from the engine to arms to the wiring system of the car but we are focusing on signs you are likely to notice if your automatic gear box is faulty
The question that comes to our mind is how do we know that are gear box is faulty what are the like signs it tend to show. I will outline five signs we are to notice.
(1) when you engage your car to drive or reverse and it those not move. Yes it will remain in the same spot no matter how much you accelerate the vehicle.
(2) when your car disengage on motion you have to be very observant for you to know this, in this case the rate at which your car engine is sounding will be more than the speed of your car.
(3) when you engage your car to reverse or drive and you notice there is a thud each time you engage to move there is a problem somewhere visit your mechanic.
(4) on no condition must you car move front or back when you car is in neutral no matter how much you accelerate you vehicle when is in neutral it most not move in cases where it move you have a gear box problem contact you mechanics quickly so that he can cob the damage rate.
(5) if your car is not selecting or selecting partially your gear box is faulty, cars comes in various speed level we have 3speed,4speed,5peed even 6,7 speed depending on the brand and model of the car. Once a 3speed vehicle is not selecting more than 2 speed then your gear box is faulty.
Note: make sure your cars are been handle by a certified mechanic.
Content created and supplied by: Smartsketch (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More