For so many years, until recently, i did not know that the meaning of the acronym U.S.S.D is "Unstructured Supplementary Service Data. U.S.S.D is a very easy and straight way of transferring money using your phone, without internet service. The challenge that many Nigerians have had over the years is in memorizing the number that the U.S.S.D of the various bank is made of. The codes are short codes that begins with an asterisk or a star symbol (*) and end with an hash or hashtag (#).
Below are the list of Nigerian banks U.S.S.D in an alphabetical order. You can keep the information with you and share with others for easy banking operations.
1. Access (Diamond) Bank - The U.S.S.D code for mobile money transfer is *901#. Once you dial the number, follow the instructions that follows.
2. Ecobank - The U.S.S.D code is *326#. After dialing the code, follow the on-screen instructions.
3.Fidelity Bank - The U.S.S.D code is *770# but for easy operation, just type *770#Recipient’s Account Number Amount#.
4. First Bank - The bank’s U.S.S.D code is *894#. To transfer money, dial *894#, and chose your preference from the list of options that appear.
5. First City Monument Bank (FCMB)- The F.C.M.B’s mobile U.S.S.D code is *389#. Once you obtain your PIN, simply dial *389*4# and follow the on screen instructions.
6. Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) U.S.S.D code is *737# and follow instructions. For example, in other to transfer money from your GTBank, account to another GTBank account, just dial *737*1*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number# . If it is from GTBank to another bank you use *737*2*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number#.
7. Heritage Bank - The U.S.S.D code for transfer for Heritage Bank is *322# then follow instructions as seen.
8. Polaris Bank - The U.S.S.D *833#
9. Sterling Bank - The U.S.S.D mobile banking code is *822#. To perform a transfer, simply dial *822# and follow the instructions however every time you use the Sterling Bank USSD service, Five Naira will be deducted from your line.
10. Stanbic IBTC - The U.S.S.D code for money transfer is *909#.
11. United Bank for Africa (UBA) - The banks mobile USSD code is *919#, dial it and follow the on-screen instructions that follow.
12. Unity Bank - The USSD is *7799# .
13. Union Bank - The mobile U.S.S.D transfer code is *826#
14. Wema Bank - The Banks U.S.S.D is *945#
14. Zenith Bank - To transfer money from your Zenith Bank account to another, dial *966*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number#
If you are using a banks U.S S.D for the first time, you will be asked to set up a PIN that is needed to verify or approve transactions. While one can go to the bank to set this up, some bank only require the last 4 to 6 digits of your debit / ATM cards for this to be activated.
Hope this will be of help to someone. Kindly share the page with those who may need this. Endeavor to like the page and comment below. Thanks
Content created and supplied by: Champ1 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More