There is, in fact, a robust, six point business case for learning. It has six connected elements. Interestingly, the case is the same for both organizations and individuals although, obviously, the language you might express it in would be different.
1. Performance: You can increase productivity and Improve quality through learning, becoming faster and better. This apply equally to the business and personal context.
2. Being better than your rivals: In an age where human capital is all important, learning may well be the only sustainable source of competitive advantage, just as in the last two centuries buildings and financial capital were critical.
3. Knowledge as one of the outcomes of learning: As US academic Warren Bennis put it; the major challenge for leaders on the twenty first century will be how to release the brain power of their organization. In practice, this involves understanding that many of the things individuals and organization know remain at a tacit.
4. Change: In the twentieth century there were predictable cycles of innovation lasting several years.
5. Learning is the key to successful cultural change: Too ofen, people are simply told to do something differently. However, if you engage people in a dialog about how to do things differently and let them learn new ways for themselves, they will become involved and cultures will change.
6. Learning is a great motivator: When employability is the key to people retaining their jobs, they naturally want to Improve theiy skills.
Content created and supplied by: Alabiishola (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More