The fertilizer plant is located in Ibeju-Lekki,Lagos, which is the same location with Dangote refinery.
The fertilizer plant is said to be world's biggest fertilizer plant with a capacity of 3million tonnes per annum. The $2 billion Granulated Urea Fertilizer plant is the biggest project in the history of the fertilizer industry.
The project will make Nigeria the biggest and only Urea exporter of about 4 million in the whole of Sub-Saharan Africa which will bring in $2.5 billion in terms of Forex.
The project is expected to create job opportunities for thousands of youth in different fields, the fertilizer plant will boost the agricultural sector of Nigeria.
Recently the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN),Godwin Emiefele toured the facilities with the president of Dangote group(Dangote) showing him around.
During the tour, Dangote told journalists at the facility, he said“I think we must thank President Muhammadu Buhari for his policies. I thank the CBN governor and management for bringing down interest rates to encourage more entrepreneurs to go into mega projects like this." He also said a pre-testing of the fertilizer plant has already began and will soon commence operations.
After touring the facilities, The CBN governor, Emefiele, said the fertiliser plant would stop importation of fertilisers, as about 25 per cent of its products would be used for domestic consumption to boost agriculture in the country, while the remaining 75 percent would beexported. According to him, the plant will also generate a minimum of $750 million through export annually.
Dangote is really trying to improve the country by investing in Nigeria by creating jobs opportunities, although he his making money. He his really great and he has great ambition.
What did you know about Dangote and this fertilizer plant?
Drop your opinion in the comment in the comment section below.
Content created and supplied by: Samueladejokun (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More