Nigeria is regarded as Africa’s best economy, and one of the most accommodating countries for foreign investors willing to settle down and succeed in Africa.
In this article, we take a look at top 5 richest foreign families with great businesses in Nigeria.
1. The Aswanis: The Lagos based Indian indigene, Haresh Aswani is the Chief of the well-diversified Tolaram Group, owners of Indomie Noodles, Power oil and so on. The Group also has presence in Egypt, Estonia, Ghana, Indonesia and Singapore.
2. The Chagourys: Lebanese Ronald and Gilbert Chagoury are the founder of the popular Chargoury Group. They operate one of the biggest construction company in Lagos.
The Chagourys are the owners of Eko Hotels and Suites, and the Hotel Presidential in Port Harcourt.
3. The El-Khalils: Another Lebanese on this list is, Faysal El-Khlil, the Chairman of the well-known Seven-Up Bottling Company PLC. His father Mohammed El-khalil founded the company in 1926. The company which is headquartered in Lebanon, operates in Nigeria, Ghana and Tanzania.
4. The Moukarims: The patriarch of the family Lebanese Faiz Moukarim founded the prestigious Mouka foam before his demise. His son, Hasib Moukarim is Managing Director of Nigeria Gas and Steel Limited.
5. The Leventis: Well-known in Oyo state, the Ibadan based Leventis are the owners of the popular Leventis supermarket.
These businesses still exist, and have generated great wealth for their founding families.
Content created and supplied by: EmmanuelNonsoNwogo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More