It is very disheartening to hear people complain about lack of jobs and lack of money this period when really you can be making a fortune for yourself by being an entrepreneur.
I know at the mention of the word entrepreneur, many people will lose faith as the capital required to start up one's own business is such a hard feat to achieve right now.
The business I'm about to teach you today can be started out with as low as 1000 naira. Yes you heard me right. A thousand naira.
Below I'm going to teach you about the popcorn business and the plantain chips business. With the proceeds from this business, you can get more funds that would enable you to acquire more goods, more equipment and diversify your income. For now you don't have to buy anything other than the ingredients I'm going to tell you as this business can be done with your stove and from the comfort of your houses.
Below I will be posting pictures of how to make popcorn.
Step 1. Put a clean dry pot on the stove and add little Groundnut oil and butter.
2. After a while add you can corn into the pot and chose the top. Note that your pot should be airtight so that the hot air in the pot may not leak.
3. You'd start hearing pop sounds after a while. Don't open the post just yet, leave if for about five minutes and then you can check its progress.
4. Pour into a bowl and add salt and milk to taste.
Turn into a plate and allow to cool. You can tie into transparent packs and sell for 50 naira each.
How to make plantain chips.
Ripe or unripe plantains
Table salt/sugar for taste
You can purchase these items with 500 naira
1. Wash plantains. Peel them and slice into very thin circles. Place all the slices into water until you finish. This way you can maintain their color. Salt the water and stir. All the water has to be drained to leave plantain slices dry before frying them.
2. Add oil into a deep pan and preheat it. Place plantain slices into the hot oil and fry until they turn yellow.
3. Remove extra oil from your chips with the help of a sieve.
Put the quantities of the finished product into transparent air tight nylon bags or transparent containers according to your taste.
You can sell this to your neighbors and in your houses.
Do you have more questions?
Drop them below.
Content created and supplied by: Everyday9jaNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More