Before reading the post make sure you fellow and like thank you.
There are 54 countries and one "non-self governing territory", the western Sahara, in Africa. All Africa nation's was colonized by foreign powers during the " scramble for Africa", except for Ethiopia and Liberia, these are the only Africa nation that weren't colonized by the white or foreign powers. Before colonial era in Africa, Africa comprised up to 10,000 different states and autonomous groups with distinct languages and customs.
8 interesting facts about Africa.
1. African continent is the world's oldest populated area.
2. Africa is the second most populated continent with about 1.1billlion people or 16% of the world's under the age of 25.
3. The continent population will more than double to 2.3billion people by 2050.
4. Africa is the world's second largest continent covering about 30million square kilometers.
5. The Sahara is the largest desert in the world and is bigger than the continental USA.
6. Africa has approximately 30% of the earth's remaining mineral resources.
7. Nigeria is the fourth largest oil exporter in the world, and Africa's biggest oil producer with about 2.2milllion barrels produced everyday.
8. The continent has the largest reserves of precious metals with over 40% of the gold reserves, over 60% of the cobalt, and 90% of the platinum reserves.
Africa is been blessed by nature, only if Africans can unite and build a one Africa, just like the Europeans, Asians and Americans I Believe Africa would be one of the best continent ever.
Fellow, share, comment and like for more related updates.
Thank you for using opera news hub.
Content created and supplied by: UpdateViral (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More