Success in life comes at a cost, one must be willing to be disciplined and uncomfortable in terms of putting in the work that would bring about success. There are rules you should follow for a Successful Life
1. Family Comes First Never forget who was by your side, from the start. Make time for: - Your family - Your friends - Your partner - Your children Family first. Work second.
2.Invest in Yourself Never lose your childlike curiosity. Be a life-long learner by: - Reading books - Taking online courses - Learning from mentors - Experiencing new things The highest ROI comes from investing in yourself.
3. Stop Comparing Yourself to Others "Comparison is the thief of joy" - Theodore Roosevelt Focus on: - Your purpose - Your experience - Owning your feelings - Turning your attention inward The only competition is staring back at you in the mirror.
4. Find a Support System You are a product of your environment. Surround yourself with people who are: - Kind - Honest - Positive - Energetic - Supportive - Inspirational Choose your friends sparingly and wisely.
5. It's Ok to Say "I Need Help" People often underestimate the odds of others wanting to help. Studies indicate that people will like us more when we ask for their help. Don't be afraid to ask for help. The worst thing someone can say is "no."
6. Accept Your Past and Move On
Stop getting stuck in your past.
Learn from your past to make a better future.
The present is the only place you can:
- Act, Live and Love
Life is short. Don't waste it.
7. It Doesn't Matter What Others Think
Don't live someone else's life.
How to cut distractions:
- Follow your heart-
- Follow your passion
- Follow your intuition
Stop listening to the opinions of others, listen to your inner voice.
8. You Believe What You Tell Yourself
Moderate your inner dialogue.
When you say:
- I am healthy-
I am a leader
I am successful
I am an investor-
I am a pre-millionaire
...You change your mindset.
When you change your mindset, you change your life.
9. Be Grateful for What you Have
"I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet" - Helen Keller
Be thankful for:
- Your life
- Your job
- Your home
- Your family
- Your health
Be thankful for what you have, no matter how "small."
10. Respect Yourself, Like you Want Others to Respect You
People learn how to treat you based on how you treat yourself.
How to respect yourself:
- Take action
- Accept yourself
- Cut out negative people
Content created and supplied by: Glowrayz (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More