Initially, the stubborn virus of China's origin was nick named by President Donald Trump as "the Chinese virus" in the same way "Spanish flu" was nicknamed since the disease broke out of Spain. Although, the Chinese government didn't take it likely with Donald Trump.
So far, Coronavirus pandemic has succeeded in infecting all the states in Nigeria, Cross Rivers happens to be last state to record cases of the virus.
We shall get to know the various epicentres of the pandemic disease according to the Six (6) geopolitical zones in Nigeria. Meanwhile Lagos still remains the epicentre of the disease in Nigeria as a whole.
Epicentres; Are zonal parts of places which are the main focus of a disease outbreak in a particular period. In this article, we shall get to know the various epicentres of the trending global pandemic disease in Nigeria as the worst hit zonal regions by COVID-19.
Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria;
1.(SW) South West; Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo state.
2.(SE) South East; Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo state.
3. (SS) South - South; Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo and Rivers State.
4. (NC) North Central; Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau and Federal Capital Territory Abuja.
5. (NE) North East; Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba and Yobe state.
6. (NW) North West; Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara state.
Nigeria's COVID-19 epicentres;
The green dotted spots show the epicentres in each of the six geopolitical zones of the country.
1. South West (SW); in South West region of Nigeria, Lagos State happens to be the worst hit state by the virus, not only the epicentre of the pandemic in its geopolitical zone, but it is also the epicentre of the COVID-19 pandemic in Nigeria with over 13,000 cases.
2. North Central (NC); the federal capital territory of Nigeria is the next epicenter of the disease in Nigeria after Lagos. Abuja has the highest figures of coronavirus infection cases in the North Central region of the country, Nigeria with over 2,800 cases.
3. South South (SS); Edo State happens to be the epicentre of the global pandemic disease in Nigeria as it is shown on the table, followed by Rivers state which is the next epicentre of the viral pandemic disease in the South - south zone of the country.
4. North West (NW); Kano is the worst hit State in the North western zonal region of Nigeria. Kano is epicentre of the COVID-19 pandemic disease in northwest of Nigeria with over 1,300 cases.
5. South East (SE); Ebonyi state is the 5th epicentre of COVID-19 in Nigeria, and the number epicentre of the disease in the South East region of the country, with over 600 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
6. North East (NE); The state with the highest recorded cases in the North earthen region of Nigeria is Borno with a total of 597 confirmed cases. Borno is the epicentre of the pandemic disease in the North East.
This Analysis was taken after the Nigeria Centre for disease control (NCDC) headed by Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu released their latest report on Nigeria's COVID-19 cases as of 17th of July,2020.
Content created and supplied by: Justusben (via Opera News )