The Ekiti State Government has placed a temporal ban on all local and traditional festivals in the state, as part of measures to curb the spread of corona virus.
The State Coordinator of COVID-19 Task Force Response Team, Prof Bolaji Aluko who made the announcement said traditional festivals were suspended for the rest of the year because of the increasing cases of COVID -19 in the state.
Traditional rulers both in towns and villages have been asked to adhere to the new directives as defaulters will be prosecuted by the state government. Mode and method of prosecution was not communicated though.
Ekiti state has 84 confirmed cases, 47 recovered and 2 deaths.
Worship centers such as churches and mosques have been shut down in the state as part of measures to contain the virus.
The state’s Commissioner for Health, Dr. Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, while giving an update on the COVID-19 situation in the state three weeks ago, said 505 samples had been taken and tested since March 19 when the state recorded the first patient. Most of their cases is from border incursion.
Content created and supplied by: PCBGIST (via Opera News )