One of the most prominent qualities of pharmacists is their ability to be very empathetic. Thus, seeing the way our COVID-19 daily index is increasing on a daily basis, I've been compelled to pen down this very imperative medical advice. I hope it finds you in good health, Wellbeing and prosperity.
This article is meant specifically to our fathers and mothers that are 55years and above and people with serious health problems.
Please be informed that people who are younger and without any health problems can also put these cogent advice to use, because just like I always tell my patients, when it comes to matters concerning your health, you can never be too careful. It is better to go an extra mile to secure your health and life than to suffer terrible health problems or even death.
So please take this information very seriously and share to everyone you know.
COVID-19 is real and it is spreading beyond control like wild fire. If you're conversant with our daily COVID-19 index, you would have discovered that the number of cases are increasing drastically everyday. Hence, what our health professionals are doing to is situational management, since a cure for the COVID-19 and a vaccine for its prevention has been not discovered or diagnosed.
Sincerely, our health professionals are doing a great job. They are our true warriors in the fight against COVID-19. They come face to face with the pandemic everyday, even when some of them contracts the virus or even loose their lives, the rest of them remain committed and faithful to protecting the lives of Nigerians, and the least that we (non health professionals) can do is to take every directive that they give us very seriously. The national center for disease and control as well as the ministry of health are doing very well to make sure that Nigerians well informed. Let's not make their efforts futile by acting nonchalant to their advises.
Hence, please take the following information very seriously.
Two major factor that predisposes an individual to serious health complications or death from COVID-19 are:
1. Old age: this is so because at old age, your immune system becomes weaker. Which then predisposes you to certain sickness and diseases that increases your chances of suffering from serious health complications following COVID-19 infection.
2. Health conditions such as;
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 or higher)
- Serious heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Immuno compromised state (weakened immune system) from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Neurologic conditions, such as dementia
- Liver disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
- Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitu. These conditions are serious risk factors for developing life threatening health complications from COVID-19 infections.
Hence, if you have any of the aforementioned health problems, or you are 55 years and above, please take the following information very seriously.
1. It is advisable for you to avoid public places, such as markets, churches, mosques, schools, parties, and any form of social gathering of more than 20 people.
2. If you must go to these aforementioned places, then make sure you always have your face mask on, and you always carry your hand Sanitizers with you, in which case you will have to sanitize your hands every 20 minutes, or every time you shake or hug someone (which you are seriously advised against doing) or you touch public doors, chairs, and other furniture.
This precautions are meant to keep you safe and secured from contracting COVID-19 infection in order not to suffer health complications which can lead to death.
Please share your questions or contributions.
Content created and supplied by: MadamTessy (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More