AT THE PLENARY YESTERDAY
(Tuesday, 14 July 2020)
Member, representing Ikot Ekpene/Obot Akara/Essien Udim Federal Constituency at the National Assembly presented a petition on behalf of Mr. Benjamin Okon Obot of Atai Essien Ikot Ekpene, Ikot Ekpene LGA of Akwa Ibom State.
The petition is about the gruesome murder of Mr Kingsley Okon Obot who was a staff of ELLAN STAR MARINE Company, Woje, ObioAkpo LGA in Rivers State. Kingsley was gruesomely murdered and beheaded at the premises of the company during working hours and allegedly thrown into the sea, after which his body was searched for and discovered by personnel of the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) at the deck of the ship belonging to the said ELLAN Star Marine company.
PRESENTATION OF BILLS
(1) Federal University of Aviation Technology, Uyo. (establishment act) HB 978
(2) National Centre for Research, Management and Control of Autism and Down Syndrome.Bill 2020 (HB 979)
(3) Electoral Act (Amendment Bill 2020) (HB 980).
All the bills passed first reading.
Petitions brought to the floor of the House were;
1. Rep. Julius Ihonvbere laid a petition from a complainant on the unlawful disengagement from the Ministry of Interior even after the Industrial and Appeal courts had ruled in her favour. She craved the intervention of the House for justice to be served.
2. Rep. Nsikak Okon laid a petition on the gruesome murder of an individual in Akwa Ibom state.
Both petitions were referred to the Committee on Public Petitions.
MATTER OF PRIVILEGE brought to the floor of the House was;
1. Rep. Dachung Bagos rose to raise a matter of privilege on the delay at the gate of the National Assembly in the morning caused by the Sergeant-At-Arms as they check for Covid-19 clearance from traffic which makes some members arrive late for plenary. He stated that he spent over 40 minutes at the gate trying to get in. Rep. Bagos asked if there could be a designated route for members who have already been cleared for plenary so they can settle in for their business of the day?
The Speaker of the House, Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila called on the House Services Committee, that on Internal Security and the Clerk of the House to look into the issue with the view of resolving it.
Content created and supplied by: CreedConsult (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More