On Wednesday, the committee set up by the house of Representatives to investigate the alleged 82billion naira spent by the NDDC questioned the officials of the auditor general of the Federation, the accountant general of the Federation, and the central bank of Nigeria on how the alleged money was spent by the NDDC between January and May, 2020.
Below is the breakdown analysis of how the money was spent by the NDDC:
1. 1.3billion naira spent on Community relations
2. 122.9million naira spent on Condolences
3. 3.14billion naira spent on Covid-19
4. 486million naira spent on Duty travel allowance
5. 790.9million naira as imprest
6. 1.956billion naira spent on Lassa fever
7. 900million naira spent on Legal services
8. 220million naira spent on Maintenance
9. 85.6million naira spent on Foreign travels
10. 1.121billion naira spent on Public project communication
11. 744million naira spent on Security
12. 8.8billion naira spent on Staffing related payments
13. 248million naira spent on stake holders engagement from February to May.
However, the interim management of the NDDC were absent at the hearing, Daily Trust reported that a letter was written to the committee, explaining why they were unavoidably absent. They requested to be allowed to appear before the committee on Thursday.
What do you think about these breaks down? Share your views in the comment section and don't forget to follow for more updates.
Content created and supplied by: Eplug (via Opera News )