The Rivers State Police Command has dispelled reports that the armed operatives who attempted to whisk Gbene Joi Nunieh away Thursday were neither sanctioned by the Inspector General or the Commissioner of Police in Rivers State.
The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike had shortly after rescuing Nunieh claimed in an interview that the officers could not show a warrant for her arrest neither was the police hierarchy aware of their presence.
But the Rivers Police Command in a statement released by Dsp Nnamdi Omoni, the Public Relations Officer has reprimanded The Vanguard newspaper for spreading the report.
Below is the statement:
"The attention of the Rivers State Police Command has been drawn to an Online Publication, credited to Vanguardngr.com , where it was erroneously reported that "the MOPOL presence at the residence of Joi Nunieh was not the directive of the Command"
Ordinarily, such a phantom report should have been ignored but due to the potential danger inherent in keeping silent, the Command is minded to react and state the true position as follows:
1. That the Command is not oblivious of the fact that Social Media is a loose canon, where all manner of things are thrown into.
2. That the Command has maintained steady and harmonious working relationship with the Vanguard Newspapers; being one of the Media Houses that has been consistent in reporting our stories.
3. That the Officers who were at the residence of the former Ag. MD Joi Nunieh were from the IGP Monitoring Team in Abuja and were here on Official assignment.
4. That before they proceeded to her residence, they observed due protocols and requisite standard operating procedures,including going through the processes of arriving themselves at the Headquarters with their Investigation Activities duly signed and approved by the Commissioner of Police, CP Joseph G Mukan psc (+)
5. That they went to her residence with Mobile Policemen, suggesting of course that they were there on official duty and not illegal duty as speculated.
5. That, the reference indicating that the Officers were there without the directive of the CP nor the IGP is preposterous and most unfortunate., hence should be discoutenanced and disregarded.
7. That the Command under the watch of CP Joseph G. Mukan psc (+) is poised to deliver quality Policing services that will endure and stand the test of time. The Command will continue to remain firm, focused and will not be distracted by any consideration."
Content created and supplied by: Prince0008 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More