Cultism is defined as the activities or practices of a group of people with one common spiritual, religious or philosophical belief. The group of individuals involved in these practices is known as a cult.
Cultism in Institutions will lead to the following consequences
1. It can lead to expulsion
2. It promotes violence
3. It reduces the quality of the products of the schools through frequent interruption in the academic calender
4. It breeds insecurity on various campuses
5. The end results is moral decadence in the society , it breeds generation of immoral students
6. It leads to colossal loss of infrastructure and other other resources on campus, the peace of the school is adversely affected.
Preventive Measures against Cultism
The following are the preventive measures against cultism
1. Moral Education should be made compulsory in the primary and secondary schools in the country
2. Parents should take time to understand their children, give enough time to listen to them at home and satisfy their emotional psychological and physical needs
3.Aggressive efforts to wage war against cultism in all tertiary institutions should be allowed by government and religious group in the country
4. Moral Education should be made compulsory in the primary and secondary schools in the country
5. Cultism and its consequences should be treated in the general studies courses in all institutions
6. A definite legislation that will pass a death sentence to anybody found guilty of cult activities on campus.
7. Parents should be more vigilant, concerning the behavior and activities and activities of their children within and outside the home
8. Parents should desist from being members of secret cult and also prevent their children from joining bad groups
9. Government should set up security outfit to checkmate the activities of secret cults on campuses
10. Government and non-governmental agencies should step up their campaigns against cultism and its destructive tendencies
Government’s Efforts in Preventing Cultism
1. Enacting enabling laws proscribing cultism and other secret societies.
2. Newly admitted students are made to take oath not to belong to any secret cult.
3. Expulsion of any student found to be member of secret cult from campus.
4. Prosecution and sentencing to jail terms of those found guilty of any cult-related activities.
5. Public enlightenment campaign against cultism.
6. Constitutional provisions prohibiting members of secret societies from holding public offices.
7. Public renunciation of membership of secret societies/cults is encouraged by government.
8. Introduction of civic education to educate citizens on social vices and other immoral behaviour associated with cultism in schools.
9. Government enhanced security presence in schools and colleges.
Follow me for more.
Don't forget to click on the like button below
Content created and supplied by: Teenie (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More