Sign in
Download Opera News App

Public Safety

 

Crime Justice

 

Murder

Anambra Woman, House Boy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Room

A 65-year-old woman identified as Obiageli Ezeuboaja and her house boy, Chikamso have died after burning charcoal in the room for warmth.

According to a statement released by the Public Relations Officer of the Anambra State Police Command, SP Haruna Mohammed, the husband of the deceased, Bernard Ezeuboaja on Wednesday, July 15 discovered that his wife and the house boy never woke up from sleep, he opened the door only to find their lifeless bodies.

He headed to the Agauta Division of the police station, to file a report.

Following the report, policemen visited the scene and rushed victims to the hospital for medical attention but they were all certified death on arrival by a medical doctor.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the deceased set a charcoal fire in order to warm the room due to cold weather leaving all the windows closed and without ventilation.

Meanwhile, the charcoal container was recovered as exhibit while corpses deposited at Ekwulobia hospital mortuary for autopsy.

Investigation is ongoing to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.

Content created and supplied by: Latestent (via Opera News )

Agauta Division Anambra State Police Command Bernard Ezeuboaja Chikamso Ekwulobia

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments