The provision of adequate security of lives and property is the greatest gift any government can give to her citizens and it is also the greatest enablement for growth and development.
There can be no development without security, and security of lives and property is tenable only if there is good governance.
The concept of security goes beyond military consideration. It embraces economic, political and social dimension of individuals, family, community, local and national life.
The security of our state must be constructed in terms of the security of the individual citizen to live in peace with access to basic necessities of life while fully participating in the affairs of his/her society in freedom and enjoying all fundamental rights.
The good governance concept includes
c) equitable and inclusiveness
e) consensus building
f) participatory system
g) due process of the rule of law
h) effective and efficient running of the system
With these in place our processes and institution will provide results that meet the needs of our society while making the best use of resources at our disposal.
The Economic development objectives will be to provide employment, create wealth and fight poverty. The provision of means of livelihood will reduce crime.
We will fight crime with Jobs for our children, food on the table and money in the pockets of ndi Anambra.
Our security vision is to make Anambra state, the safest state in Nigeria. A place one will be proud to be born into, school in, work in, raise children in, retire in and have a happy old age in.
Our security plan and strategy shall include but not limited to
1) strengthening the administration of criminal justice as enacted by the administration of criminal justice system act, but which had not been implemented since it came to force in 2015.
2) forming great synergy with the Nigeria security systems - police, army, Navy, air force, state security service and civil defence corps.
3) reforming the Anambra vigilante service (AVS) to make it more effective, responsive and dynamic. We shall look at
a) the terms of engagements of all members
b) conduct thorough background checks of all members and collect their comprehensive bio-data and ensure biometric capturing.
c) expand the capacities and strength of AVS
d) develop a central operational database for easy tracking
e) organization of regular training of the operatives
f) strengthening of the code of conduct and discipline
4) ensuring effective surveillance and intelligence networking in the state by a term, highly trained for the assignment, using the most effective electronic communication network systems to be deployed.
5) an assets protection team will be established for the state against vandalism and terrorism especially in Malls, markets, bus terminals.
6) we shall have a special rescue team which can be activated during occasional attacks, kidnapping and unusual security breaches. They are to be fortified with technology driven equipment including drones, cameras, facial identification technology.
7) development of my street application : we shall develop an application my street for security reporting in the state.
It will allow those who download to directly report to the central security breaches on his/her street in real time.
8) found detection and cyber security offering : in collaboration with a digital company, deploy technology and cyber security knowledge, intelligence gathering and surveillance to track and decode fraud gangs including business email compromise (BEC) frauds.
9) technical/virtual surveillance : we will develop technical surveillance capabilities using CCTV cameras, hidden cameras, deployment of satellite imageries, drones I cities, dark alleys and border post.
10) development of state wide crime Data base : we shall in partnership with police and other agencies develop and manage statewide Crime database to aid in criminal tracking, investigation and prosecution, crime detection, venerability testing and identification of threats.
11) development of customized communication facility for the state : our security system shall partner with the Nigeria police to develop and deploy communication gadgets for all security operations in our state.
These gadgets shall be on time and used as our primary security control. It may also include the installation of high frequency radios, communication masts, tracking devices and use of UAV for monitoring our cities and forests.
12) neighborhood security watch : mobilizing Anambra state citizens to form neighborhood security watch in their immediate communities, streets and neighborhoods.
A central neighborhood security watch coordinating team will be formed to interact with the state government and police. With the development of customized communication facilities for the state, each neighborhood shall be provided with communication facilities and a special dialing codes to use for emergency.
There shall be a rapid response team formed through the collaboration of the police, AVS and other intervention teams, to be developed in the state security networks.
Content created and supplied by: iGBOboy (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More