Sign in
Download Opera News App

Public Safety

 

Crime Justice

 

Murder

Woman and her house help suffocated to death by a charcoal fumes in Anambra state

It was indeed a tragedy as a 65 year's old woman, named Obiageli Ezeuboaja, and her house help identified as Chikamso, 12, died in their sleep after inhaling charcoal fumes in their home in umuchiana village,Ekwulobia, Aguata local government area of the state.

It was revealed that the deceased set a charcoal fire in order to warm the room due to cold weather and left all windows closed without ventilation. However, the bodies of the deceased were discovered by the husband to late Mrs Ezeuboaja.

The husband said that about 9.am of the day,he discovered that his wife and house help has not woke up from sleep from previous night and as a result of that,he opened the door and discovered their lifeless bodies.

Following the report, police officers attached to Aguata division visited the scene and rushed the victims to the hospital for medical attention but were confirmed dead on arrival by a medical practitioner.

Content created and supplied by: Unusualpage (via Opera News )

Aguata Anambra Chikamso Ezeuboaja Obiageli Ezeuboaja

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments