Sign in
Download Opera News App

Public Safety

 

Crime Justice

 

Rape Obscene

The Man who Raped 40 Women In Kano Will Not Be Arraigned In Court Today

The man arrested by the Kano State Police Command last month on charges of raping more than 40 women will not appear in court today as scheduled.

Mohammed Zulfara'u was arraigned in a Kano Magistrate's Court on Wednesday, July 1, where he pleaded guilty to the charges and the judge set July 20 (today) for further proceedings. listening to the volume.

Reports from Kano has confirmed that Mohammed Zulfara'u - better known as Mai Siket - is not among those who will be arraigned in court until June 30.

The "Siket" was accused of raping women in Kwanar Dangora for a year, but he told the court he was "regrettable".

The 32-year-old suspect was arrested on June 10 in Dangora town in Nigeria’s northern Kano state, according to a report by local newspaper.

Police spokesperson Abdullahi Haruna said a mother caught the man in her children’s bedroom but he managed to escape. 

The woman alerted her neighbors, who gave chase and caught him, he added.

“During interrogation, the man confessed to having raped more than 40 women in a year, including girls, married women, as well as an 80-year-old woman,” said Haruna.

“The people of Dangora are so happy over the arrest of this criminal.

Content created and supplied by: Ibrahem001 (via Opera News )

Abdullahi Haruna Kano Kano State Police Command Mohammed Zulfara'u Nigeria

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments