Below are 10 interesting historical facts that might sound unbelievable, but they are actually true.
1. In 1631, two London Bible printers accidentally left the word “not” out of the seventh commandment, which then read, “Thou shalt commit adultery.”
3. Morocco was the first nation to recognize the newly formed country of the United States formally as an independent nation. This treaty is regarded by the United States as the oldest non broken friendship treaty.
4. During World War I, the French built a fake Paris so that German bombers will not identify the real Paris.
5. Ketchup Was Sold in the 1830s as Medicine.
When it came to popular medicine, ketchup was all the rage. In 1834, it was sold as a cure for indigestion.
6. In Ancient Asia, death by the elephant was a popular form of execution.
The Elephants are taught to slowly break bones and crush skulls using large blades fitted to their tusks.
7. In 1963, a monk set himself on fire on a busy street in Saignon as a form of protest against the persecution of Buddhiest in Vietnam.
8. Fela Kuti was arrested more than 100 times and made to appear in court more than 250 times for criticising the activities of the government.
9. During the Victorian period, it was normal to photograph dead relatives.
10. In 2007, Lori and Chris Coble lost their 3 children (a son and 2 daughters) to a car accident. 6 months later, Lori became pregnant and later gave birth to triplet (a boy and 2 girls).
So which of them sounded more unbelievable?
Please don't forget to like, share, comment and also click on the follow button for more entertaining updates.
Content created and supplied by: @stephen (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More