Social media has become an integral part of so many people's lives. This social media addiction can be very serious like cocaine addiction. Most adults, and even children can hardly go a single day without logging into their various social media accounts.
What most you do not know is that, this is very dangerous to your mental health. In this article, I'll be talking about 7 signs that you are hyper addicted to social media and how to stop it. See them below;
1. The first thing you do when you wake up is to reach for your phone and check your social media accounts.
2. If you also notice that you have more online social media friends than real life friends, it means you're addicted.
3. You can spend up to 10 hours a day, scrolling through your social media accounts without bothering to do other important things in your life.
4. You post every single thing you see, buy, say or do on social media without keeping any details to yourself.
5. When you are hanging out with family and friends, you spend more time checking and scrolling through your phone rather than engaging in meaningful conversations.
6. You don't discuss your personal problems with your family and friends, rather you post them on your status and timeline for other people to advice and comfort you.
7. You get very upset if your phone is without data or runs out of battery.
How to stop social media addiction.
Social media addiction can be simply defined as the excessive use of social media by a user. Here are a few ways that can help you stop social media addiction.
1. Don’t believe the online world is the same as the real world.
2. Avoid going to classes, meetings, gatherings and other places with your mobile phone.
3. Set a time limit on how you use social media on your mobile phone every day, could be 3 hours or less.
4. Avoid leaving your data on at all times because it causes distraction.
5. Delete all your social media app for a week or 2 and see how amazing your real social life would turn out.
6. Don’t be desperate to read, comment, or share any post on social media.
Source: The Business Insider.
Please share this to others who might need to see this.
Content created and supplied by: TrendingGistz (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More