So today i will be talking about computer virus.
What is a computer Virus:
A computer virus is a small software program that spreads from one computer to another computer without the user's knowledge, and that interferes with computer operation. It has the ability to replicate itself, thus continuing to spread. A computer virus may corrupt or delete data on a computer, use an e-email program to spread the virus to other computers, or even delete everything on the hard disk. A virus should never be assumed harmless and left on a system.
Types of computer viruses
The list of viruses is quiet long and complex. So, I simplified the list by mentioning few broad categories of viruses that can put your computer and all your personal data on it, in danger.
1. Resident virus: This is a permanent type of virus which dwells in the RAM memory. Examples include Randex, CMJ, Meve.
2. Boot Sector Virus: Boot Sector Viruses generally hide in the boot Sector, either in the bootable disk or the hard disk. Examples include stone virus, disk killer, AntiEXE.
3. Stealth virus: A stealth virus can disguise itself by using certain tactics to prevent bring detected by antivirus software. These tactics include altering its file size, concealing itself in memory, and so on. Examples include dubbed brain.
4. Polymorphic virus: A polymorphic virus acts like a chameleon, changing it's virus signature (also known as binary pattern) every time it multiples and infects a new file.
Sources of virus
2. Internet Download
3. Infected Removable Storage Media
4. Pirated software
Virus Warning signs
1. The computer runs slower than usual
2. The computer crashes
3. You cannot print items correctly
4. Strange sounds or music plays from the speaker unexpectedly
1. Norton antivirus
2. Avast antivirus
3. Smadav 10.0
4. Kaspersky antivirus
Source: CHS computer
Thank you for reading.
Like, share and follow
From Opera news.
Content created and supplied by: Danieltech (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More