it’s always a good idea to find out the benefits and reasons for filling tractor tires with water, or other fluids. Filling of fluid like water, calcium chloride in tractor’s tire is called Ballasting. Ballasting is a prudent method for expanding the footing and eventually the drawbar pull of a tractor, increasing the mass of your tractor reversible
According to TractorAddict, There are 5 main reasons to fill tractor tires with fluids, like water Calcium chloride and soon.
1. It is used to improve the stability of your tractor and provide efficient traction to the rear tires, lower the center of gravity, and prevent the rear tires from raising off the ground when lifting heavy objects or adding bucket loaders and other accessories to the front-end of the tractor.
2. It increases weight in the tires allowing the tread of the tire to grip the ground better. Especially, on muddy and loose surfaces. Reducing slippage and providing more friction in the rear wheels. As a result, this will decrease fuel consumption and, also decrease wear and tear on the tires.
3. Ballasting increases the tractor’s grip, which reduces damage to soil, increases the efficiency of your work (reducing working time) and the durability of your tractor tyres.
4. It is particularly useful, or even essential, if you have a light tractor, for activities requiring a lot of traction such as ploughing for example. The traction capacity of a machine is directly related to its weight.
5. It helps prolong the life of the tire and increase, overall, productivity.
Note: Not every tractors require ballasting. To determine whether your tractor requires ballasting, you can calculate the slip ratio.
Content created and supplied by: Healthday (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More