Nigeria is a country that has some natural resources. One of the natural resources is crude oil. Crude oil deposits are found in some states in the country. Here are the top 5 oil-producing states in Nigeria:
1. Akwa Ibom States: is found in the south region of Nigeria and Its capital is UYO. The state has 31 local governments and there are about 5 million people in the state. The States has the highest percentage of crude oil deposits in the country. There are other natural resources found in the states such as zinc, lignite, salt, limestone, and clay.
2. Delta State: is the second state in Nigeria that has the highest oil production. its capital is Asaba. The state is found in the south-south region of Nigeria. It consists of 25 local government areas, and there are about 4 million people in the state. Apart from crude oil deposits the state also has some natural resources such as lignite, gypsum, kaolin, glass sand, marble, and iron ore.
3. Rivers State: is one of the highest oil-producing states in Nigeria. It's nestled in the southern area of Nigeria and its capital is Port Harcourt. It has about 23 local government areas. The state also has some other natural resources such as marble, glass sand, lignite (traces), and clay.
4. Bayelsa State: is one of the oil-producing states in Nigeria. It also occupies the southern part of the country and its capital is Yenegoa. This State is the least populated state in the country. This state also has some other natural resources such as zinc, lignite, gypsum, clay, manganese, uranium, and limestone.
5. Ondo State: is one of the states producing oil in the country and It is located in the southwestern part of Nigeria. It has about 18 local governments and its capital is Akure. This state also has some natural resources such as coal, bitumen, limestone, kaolin, dimension stones, gemstone, glass sand, granite, gypsum, clay, and feldspar.
Content created and supplied by: Holuwar_phemi (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More