Nowadays, many structures collapse especially due to some reasons. Among these reasons is not using the best Iron Rod for the construction. The two common Iron rods are TMT (Thermo Mechanical Treatment) and HYSD (High Yielding Strength Deformed).
TMT bars are manufactured by rolling hot steel wires and then passing them through the water. TMT bars are characterised by a hard outer surface and a softcore inside, which enhances in making the Irons corrosion resistant and also increases their weldability.
A high strength construction steel has superior strength ( than mild steel) to the mechanical twisting of the cold bar which forms spiral ribs.
In this article, I will explain to you the reasons why TMT Iron Rod is the best for building construction. The following are the 10 reasons why TMT Iron Rod is better than HYSD Iron Rod for Building Construction.
1. TMT bars have less residual stresses and more tensile strength compared to HYSD bars.
2. TMT bars have a stronger external layer when compared with HYSD due to the ductile microstructure at the core and the hard crystalline exterior surface of TMT steel.
3. TMT bars do not surface flaws when compared with HYSD because they do not require twisting or torsional stress.
4. TMT bars can be used in various types of construction works such as concrete structures, dams, bridges and flyovers, thermal and hydel power plants, industrial structures, high-rise buildings, underground platforms in metro railway and rapid transport systems.
5. TMT Bar consumes up to 17% to 20% less amount of steel than HYSD Bars.
6. TMT bar gives longer life to the structure as they do not react with the concrete which helps to prevent rust other than HYSD Bars.
7. TMT bars have better corrosion resistant properties than HYSD bars due to rapid quenching and tempering in the manufacturing process.
8. TMT bars are earthquake resistant because of their high tensile strength and flexibility.
9. TMT Bar reduces the transportation cost and is cost-effective too.
10. TMT bars are highly fire-resistant they can absorb 400 to 600 degrees Celsius of heat.
Use the comment box section to express your opinions. Don't forget to share this post.
Content created and supplied by: Engr.Das (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More