Knowledge is the key to growth, an individual that fails to improve his/her mental status on a daily basis is bound to be stagnant in intellectual expositions.
knowledge of things around you and your world will always give you the confidence to speak when others are talking, it will also help you to argue confidentially on a particular topic without fear.
Below are some basic things you need to know as an individual
1. Did you know that September 1752 had only 19 days?
2. Did you know that there is a town called "NOTHING"?
3. Did you know that the singular form for spaghetti is spaghetto?
4. Did you know that the longest word for a place has 85 letters?
(the place is located in New Zealand)
5. Did you know that the dot placed in 'i' and 'j' is called tittle?
6. Did you know that the word 'Dreamt' is the only English word that ends with "mt"?
7. Did you know that every letter 'C' in the word "pacific-ocean" is pronounced differently?
8. Did you know that there is a country that is about 7 to 8 years behind other countries?
(Ethiopia is far behind other countries, as of today, Ethiopia is still in 2012)
9. Did you know that the word 'oxymoron' is also an oxymoron itself?
( oxy = sharp and moron=dull)
10. Did you know that "Q" is the only letter that does not appear in any US state name?
11. Did you know that a complete book was published with 50,000 words without letter "E" in it?
12. Did you know that "EDO" was the original name of Tokyo(Japan)?
13. Did you know that if you spell 'stressed' backwards you will get "Desserts"?
14. Did you know that there is no butter in buttermilk?
15. Did you know that 'strengths' is the longest word in the English language with one vowel? (8 consonants, 1 vowel).
16. Did you know that frogs can't swallow with their eyes open?
17. Did you know that you can not sell chewing gum in Singapore? (you are not also allowed to chew gums in Singapore )
18. Did you know that Albert Einstein's brain was stolen when he died?
19. Did you know that it is illegal to own just one guinea pig in Switzerland?
20. Did you know that owls are the only birds that can see the colour blue?
21. Did you know that the most difficult thing for one to see in a dream is a working clock?
what do u think about this?
kindly drop your comment in the box below
you can share, like and also click the follow icon at the top right corner of your screen to get more interesting news update.
Content created and supplied by: obinna12345 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More