Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos which has its satellite campuses all over Nigeria begins its examination for the part-time and the students who seek their certifications in sandwich programmes on Monday, 12th April, 2020. Below are the courses offered followed by their areas of concentration.
Statistics ( MAT 162 )
Study and practice the following topics on statistics to be enabled to score a convincing grade.
1. Difference form of data representation and classification of data.
2. Characteristics of grouped frequency distribution parameters and statistics.
3. Graphical representation of data in form of bar char, pie chart, pictogram diagram, histogram and cumulative frequency curve.
4. Measure of dispersion and and measure of central tendency, skewness and kurtosis.
5. Correlation and regression; Regression formula and spearman's correlation ranking formula.
6. Probability; Addition and subtraction of probability, binomial distribution, continuous probability.
Use of English ( GNS 102 )
The following are the topics to read including the literature book recommended for the course.
1. Figure of speech.
2. Parts of speech.
3. Laws of concord.
4. Formation of simple and compound sentences.
5. Paragraph and register.
Literature book to be read for this course is "Harvest of Corruption" .
Use of Library ( GNS 101 )
1. Definition of Library
2. Types of Library with the definitions and functions of each.
3. Types and care of Library materials.o
4. Have a knowledge of how to draw a departmental striction of a Library which are grouped into technical services and reader's services.
5. Physical parts of a book.
Curriculum ( EST 104 )
Below are the topics to read to get a good grade.
1. Different definitions, concept and scope of curriculum.
2. Definition of balance curriculum and foundation of curriculum development
3. You must to be able to explain the 6-3-3-4 system of education in Nigeria.
4. Curriculum offering in primary and secondary schools.
5. One must be able to group different subjects offered in primary and secondary schools into; Languages, Core, vocational and non vocational.
If there are courses which are not included, kindly signify in the comment session below.
Content created and supplied by: Pdmx1903 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More