5 Reasons Why WAEC Timetable Must Not Be Rushed (Opinion)
Recently, the states government have met with WAEC on how to schedule a new date for the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE), the steps taken by the states is a good one to make but there is another thing that should be taken care of.
WAEC has been delayed enough and it is getting late, the exam was to be concluded in June before but it wasn't possible because of the pandemic outbreak in Nigeria.
Precisely two months ago when WAEC realised that the exam would be late, they urge candidates to study hard at home because there will be no delay or free time to waste in the time table.
In this article I will be discussing some important six (6) reasons why WAEC timetable must not be rushed, you'll love to see them and will also relate, I will appreciate if you like, comment and share this article after reading, thanks in advance.
1. Rushing of the WAEC timetable might frustrate some students into examination malpractice which is very bad, I advice students too not to engage in examination malpractice, apart from being bad it can lead to the cancellation of the result of such candidate if caught.
2. As a result of the virus that delayed the examination and the planning of preventive measures, not much than two days must be left out in the time table to create time for disinfecting or fumigating the examination hall every week.
3. Even though the Federal Government gave directive and permission for the states that wished to open schools for their final year students, some of state haven't reopen their schools, example is Lagos State of Governor Sanwolu who fixed resumption to August 3, 2020, it will not be fair enough if the examination is rushed.
4. As a way of protecting the students from contracting the virus, there should be not more than a paper a day but they can add practical, this is because of the rules put in place by the federal government which says students must not stay long in school.
5. WAEC timetable must not be rush so as to keep the students mind calm, imagine if WAEC schedule four papers to be written in a day for the students who have been away from school for a long time, some students can't learn new things well without the help of a teacher.
These are the few reasons I've for you, we hope the West African Examination Council make things convenient for the students.
What did you think about these points, please also try to tell us what you think. Like, follow me, comment and share.
Will it be okay if they rush the examination?
Content created and supplied by: MasterMind24 (via Opera News )