There is currently a new feature on JAMB CAPS portal which is transfer approval. This is the section where JAMB notifies candidates that their first choice institution wanted to transfer from their initial chosen course to another course.
The change of course is always necessary if your post UTME score didn’t meet up with the score that is required to secure admission into your chosen course. However, your score is still high enough to secure you admission into another course in the same faculty as your first choice.
But the reality is that most candidates are not aware of this new feature and some that are aware are eager to know how to check transfer approval on JAMB CAPS. Most candidates have missed out or a yet to be admitted because of their ignorance of JAMB CAPS transfer approval.
For the reason above, I have decided to explain the steps to take to make use of this new feature on JAMB portal.
Steps to Check transfer approval on JAMB CAPS
* Firstly, login to jamb.org.ng/efacility
* Input your Jamb profile with your username and password
* Click on “Check admission status”
* Select you examination year, input your JAMB registration number in the required column and then click on ‘Access my CAPS‘ button
* On the left hand side below the make place click on transfer approval
* Finally, click on ‘Accept‘ or ‘Reject‘ button to accept/reject the course transfer (if you accept, your first choice institution will be able to admit you into new course. If you reject, the program transfer wouldn’t be effected)
After you have accepted the course transfer, you will have to proceed to apply for a change of course so that the new course will reflect on your admission letter.
* If your institution haven’t transferred you to another course, you will see “No program transfer consideration”
* But if your school wants to transfer you to another course, you will see the name of your school, the course, the date it was created and other details. At the point, you can now either accept or reject the transfer.
Hope you found this article helpful? Feel free to comment and don’t forget to share with friends using the share buttons, follow and likes this post.
Content created and supplied by: FUDMA_Connect (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More