JAMB Preparatory Questions and Answers for Chemistry Students.
1. The lightest substance known is Hydrogen.
2. Only Hydrogen undergoes duplet state.
3. Ethene is used for ripening of fruits.
4. Metalliods are also referred to as Semi-metals.
5. Uncovered foods/fruits on the road are exposed to Lead ion.
6. Copper is a transition element/metal and they have variable oxidation states, which are Cu and Cu2.
7. Condensation is the process whereby vapour loose some of its kinetic energy to a colder body and changes into its liquid state.
8. Latent heat of Vaporization can be defined as the heat energy required to overcome the cohesive forces during boiling.
9. Valency is simply defined as the combining power of an element.
10. Fermentation is the breaking down of large organic molecules, E.g Starch by micro organisms into smaller molecules, E.g Ethanol.
10. Sieving is a separating technique used to separate solid particles of different sizes.
11. The valency or oxidation number of Hydrogen is +1, but in metallic hydrides, such as NaH it's -1.
12. Oxygen usually have a valency of -2, but in Hydrogen peroxide, its oxidation number is -1.
13. Helium is used in hot air balloons.
14. Butter is solid at room temperature because it is saturated.
15. Fractional distillation is used in separating elements with different boiling points.
#Thanks for Reading!!... I hope you enjoyed it?
More are still on their way......
Please 🙏🙏, do well to like, share with friends and leave a comment below. Also, follow me up on my page for more interesting articles. Thanks!!
Content created and supplied by: IraborBenedict (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More