Sign in
Download Opera News App

Education

 

Examination

 

JAMB says the result of the 2021 UTME will be released Today

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says the result of the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) will be released on June 23.


The JAMB Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, disclosed this on Wednesday at some stage in a news conference in Enugu.


Oloyede stated he had no reason whatsoever to withhold the consequences of the UTME.


“The result ought to be out by now, however because I am not at the headquarters and I do no longer want to approve it while on the field.


The registrar stated his team was at the Southeast to get admission to what was going on with the conduct of the examinations as properly as to visit the new University in Ebonyi.


He noted that JAMB registered 1,415,501 candidates in the UTME 2021 and 1,122, ninety five had taken the examinations so far while 66,111 had but to take.


According to him, the board has some 650 examination centres across the country, out of which, 30 centers have been delisted for performing beneath standard.


“53 centres are currently under watch whilst 600 of them performed excellently.


“It is our wish and want that the board will continue to ensure that such non-performing centres with ulterior rationale will not be allowed to participate in the exercise,” he said.


Oloyede defined that the use of the National Identity Number (NIN) as directed by the federal government helped to minimize examination malpractice during the examinations.


“We were speaking about the bogus 2.2 million candidates, but it has become clearer that greater than 500,000 of such number are fake and duplicated.


“And we had been able to detect this thru NIN and now we have a realistic number of JAMB candidates,” the registrar said.


The examination physique boss frowned at the activities of some elements to sabotage the exercise, however they were all caught due to the system put in place.


He introduced that those students who visited a unique centre but could now not write the examination would be rescheduled and a new date fixed.


“Apart from registration fee, we did not collect any different money from candidates, but some pay as some distance as N25,000 to some elements to help them.


“Even some dad and mom were paying N1,000 to somebody who did now not finish primary six to assist their children, but they will surely pay for it due to the fact we will delist them,” he said.


The registrar noted that the security state of affairs in the Southeast was not as media and social media projected it.


“I got here here myself with four administrators and nothing has happened to us.


“I want to commend the media for their criticism and aid which made 2021 UTME successful,” Oloyede said.

Content created and supplied by: Sledgethesoldier (via Opera News )

Is-haq Oloyede JAMB Oloyede Southeast UTME

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments