Most direct entry candidates are not sure with certainty whether they are going to be admitted into their University of Choice. And this is because of the what each university accepts for direct entry.
Most Universities accept at least upper credit in ND or HND result. However, some Universities accept lower credit for a direct entry candidate to be offered admission.
What I want to do is to explain how to use JAMB brochure to know the whether the University of your choice will accept a lower credit
Step 2: Look for the section your course belong to
Step 3: Go through the section to locate your course
Step 4: At the right hand side, you will see “special consideration (waiver)”. This is the place where you will get the details of what each University accepts. You will be notified whether the University will accept lower credit or upper credit for the particular course you search for.
I have compiled the list of Federal and State Universities that accept lower credit or upper credit in ND or HND. This is not the full list so you will need to consult JAMB brochure if you don’t see your course here.
I made sure I pick a course look for the University that accept lower credit or upper credit for direct entry.
1. COOU and RSUST accept a good ND (credit) in related fields. COOU accepts ND/HND lower credit in Food Science Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biogenetic Engineering or its equivalent.
2. MINNA, COOU and UDU accept ND/HND with at least lower credit plus four ‘O’ level credit paases in relevant subjects.
3. FUTA accepts ND at Upper Credit level in Relevant disciplines in addition to the ‘O’ level requirements
4. UNIBEN accepts ND (Upper credit) / HND (Lower credit) in Food Technology or Science Laboratory Technology.
5. OOU accepts ND/HND in relevant subjects plus UTME requirements.
6. EKSU – a minimum of ND (Upper Credit) from recognised institution.
7. FUTO accepts accepts ND/HND (Upper Credit) in relevant fields.
8. KWASU accepts ND with minimum of upper credit in relevant subject or HND with lower credit in the relevant field.
9. FUNAAB accepts ND (Upper Credit) in Analytical and Industrial Chemistry, Science Laboratory Technology or related fields.
1. MINNA, BAYERO and KUST accept NCE (credit), ND/HND (lower credit) plus O/level credit passes in Physics, Mathematics and two other Science subjects.
2. COOU accepts ND/HND at credit level in relevant fields and a pass in English Language under exceptional circumstances. COOU and MAUTY accept ND (lower credit) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
3. UNIBEN accepts ND (Upper credit) /HND (Lower credit) in Science Laboratory Technology, Computer Engineering and related courses
4. LAAU accepts credit pass in relevant National Diploma
Most Universities accept upper credit to study computer science.
AAU and ADSU accept ND (upper credit)/HND (lower credit) in relevant fields and NCE (merit) in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing, and Public Administration
1. UNN accept Higher National Diploma of recognized institutions with a minimum of merit/lower credit level passes plus UTME requirement.
2. UNIOSUN accept a minimum of lower credit in any of the following fields of studies:
Purchasing and Supply
Public Business Studies
Catering and Hotel Management and Statistics
3. BIU accept National Diploma in relevant field not below credit level.
4. UNICAL , DBA, accept ND (Upper Credit) in relevant field; HND (lower credit) in relevant field
5. UNIBEN accept ND (Upper Credit)/HND (Lower Credit) in
6. KWASU accepts For Accounting IJMB, Cambridge ONLY, ND Accounting (Upper Credit), HND Accounting (Lower Credit)and For Business Administration IJMB, Cambridge ONLY, ND Business Administration (Upper Credit), HND Business Administration (Lower Credit).
7. JOS accepts National Diploma (Lower Credit) in Business Administration, Accounting, Purchasing & Supply, Marketing and other related disciplines.
UDU accept National Diploma not below credit level in Business Studies and Statistics
1. UDU ND (at leas lower credit level) in Town Planning, Surveying, environmental Management or Tropical Science
2. UNIOSUN accepts ND in Surveying, Geology, Civil Engineering or Urban and Regional Planning, and with at least a lower credit.
LASU accepts HND (lower credit) in Mass Communication, Marketing, Book Publishing, Printing Technology or related field from a recognized Polytechnic in addition to UTME requirements.
COOU accepts ND/HND (Lower Credit) or NCE in any related Social/Management Science.
Content created and supplied by: Oshaa_Malaba (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More