Schools have remained shut for about four months now due to the pandemic that has posed a threat to the economy and everything else. However, there has been speculations to about when schools will finally open for students to return back to class but no real date has been given yet as government are trying their possible best to put measures in place for a safe reopening and for the safety of every child when schools finally open.
Speaking on channels television yesterday the minister revealed that the ministry has released new guidelines for reopening of schools and can be accessed on the ministry of education's website. But I will save you the stress of doing that as I will be listing the guidelines below.
Here are the new guidelines released for a safe reopening of schools.
1. Adoption of health and safety protocols to lower risk of infection in the school.
2. Training of teachers on the dangers and prevention of the virus.
3. Adequacy of doors and windows to ensure good ventilation.
4. Availability and adequacy of recommend infared thermometers for temperature checks at the gate upon entry.
5. All disposable face masks are disposed properly according to NCDC guidelines.
6. Classrooms, staff rooms,offices and entire premises appropriately disinfected as recommended.
7. Availability of soaps and disinfectants to support wash requirements. i.e (gate, outside classrooms and toilets)
8. Adoption of health and safety protocols to lower risk of infection in the school.
9. Availability of school clinic and other designated space for isolating sick learner's, teachers, administrators and other education personel.
10. Adequate school funding for critical health and safety materials.
11. Availability and adequacy of hand washing facilities at strategic points.
The question here is will schools be able to provide all these requirements,and how long will that take?
Feel free to drop your comments and follow me up for more posts on school resumption. Thank you
Content created and supplied by: mszone (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More