Ngozi okonjo-Iweala was born on 13th June 1954 to the family of prof Mr Chukwuka Okonjo from the Obahai royal Family of Ogwashi-Ukwa and Mrs Kamene Okonjo in Delta state Nigeria. She went to Queen's School Enugu, St. Anne's school molete Ibadan, and International School Ibadan. She was schooled at Harvard University where she studied Economics. She had her Ph.d at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) where she studied regional economics and development.
1) She has worked at the World Bank as a development economist for 25year and she rose to the managing director's position.
2) She served twice as the Finance minister in Nigeria and she was also a Minister of Foreign affairs. During this period she spear headed the Paris club negotiation that led to Us$18billion Nigerian dept cancelation. She introduced The Excess Crude Account .She also helped to establish the Treasury Single Account (TSA), and the Integrated payroll and personnel Information System. She introduced Youth Enterprise With Innovation Programme (Youwin)under the Good luck Jonathan era.
3) She was a me me bre of the United Nation's Secretary general's high-level panel on the post 2015 Development Agenda.
4) She is part of the UNESCO international Commission on the Future of education.
5) She has been appointed by the African Union (AU) as part of the special envoy to seek for international support to help Africa deal with the economic impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Content created and supplied by: Awesomethanos (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More