Ngozi okonjo-Iweala was born on 13th June 1954 to the family of prof Mr Chukwuka Okonjo from the Obahai royal Family of Ogwashi-Ukwa and Mrs Kamene Okonjo in Delta state Nigeria. She went to Queen's School Enugu, St. Anne's school molete Ibadan, and International School Ibadan. She was schooled at Harvard University where she studied Economics. She had her Ph.d at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) where she studied regional economics and development.
1) She has worked at the World Bank as a development economist for 25year and she rose to the managing director's position.
2) She served twice as the Finance minister in Nigeria and she was also a Minister of Foreign affairs. During this period she spear headed the Paris club negotiation that led to Us$18billion Nigerian dept cancelation. She introduced The Excess Crude Account .She also helped to establish the Treasury Single Account (TSA), and the Integrated payroll and personnel Information System. She introduced Youth Enterprise With Innovation Programme (Youwin)under the Good luck Jonathan era.
3) She was a me me bre of the United Nation's Secretary general's high-level panel on the post 2015 Development Agenda.
4) She is part of the UNESCO international Commission on the Future of education.
5) She has been appointed by the African Union (AU) as part of the special envoy to seek for international support to help Africa deal with the economic impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Content created and supplied by: Awesomethanos (via Opera News )