Every secondary school student always have the dream of gaining admission into the tertiary institutions in Nigeria. They are often mandated to write several examinations before they are allowed in into the universities.
Some of these examinations include Wassce, Utme and sometimes post-utme. Some students face a lot of stress and frustration as they many times fail these examinations, and have to rewrite them repeatedly.
Finally at some point, they end up gaining the admission and are eager, happy and nervous to resume to their various Universities that have given them admission. However, there are some things you must know before your resumption.
1. Resume early: This is very important. If you have gained admission into any University, always resume a week before the official resumption date, it will help you get familiar with the environment without pressure.
2. Make sure all your documents carry the same name: This is the most important of all. You will definitely go through the screening process in your department. This will make your department know whether you are qualified to be in their department or not.
During the screening process they will check your documents (Wassce result, Jamb result, waec certificate, admission letter, birth certificate and more) if the names on these documents miss by just one letter, you will not be screened until you rectify it.
And it is always stressful to correct these names misappropriation on your waec or jamb results. So, before you leave your house make sure all your documents carry the same spelling and number of names.
3. Carry a lot of money with you: The No.2 point above will definitely eat a lot of your money, if you find yourself in that situation. You do not want to be cash stranded during your screening exercise. Moreover, you always have to do the photocopies of one document or another, this is very typical of every University.
4. Don't be too nervous your first year is not that stressful: The only thing stressful about your first year in school is the screening exercise, all other things are not really stressful. Since it is the first year, you will still be taken some secondary school courses such as mathematics English (in form of GSTs), chemistry and the rest. Relax; the hours of lectures for first-year students have been reduced to the minimum, so you have time to enjoy your arrival.
5. always read and pray: This does not need to be overemphasized. You need to read to pass your courses, any carryover in your first year can haunt you till you graduate and always pray to God to be with you. Any man with God does not fail .
Thank you for reading.
Kindly share this article to your friends, it means a lot to us.
Content created and supplied by: AllNewsAfrica (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More