English language is often seen as a simple language but it's in actuality very wide and dynamic. Due to it's dynamic nature, what is perceived as correct today might turn incorrect by tomorrow as studies in the language intensifies. Thus for you to be a good English speaker, there is need to adapt and be able to take corrections.
In this article, we are going to have a look at some of the English mistakes we make and the right expressions to use. If you are seeking perfection in English, then you must take every correction seriously. Just sit tight and enjoy this article whilst learning something new.
What Are Some Of The Mistakes We Make In English And The Correct Expressions?
1. Don't Say "I am the last born of the family" this is wrong or rather sounds so local this the right expression is "I am the last child of the family".
2. It is wrong to say "Workers are wanted". This is because workers are not criminals, so they can't be wanted. The right expression is "Workers are needed".
3. Stop saying "I am looking for a job". As a graduate, your main aim should be to impress your potential employer, so the right expression is "I am seeking employment".
4. Don't Say "I want to barb my hair". This is wrong because barb is not an English word, the right expression should be "I want to have a haircut" or "I want to cut my hair".
5. Don't say "For all intensive purpose" this is wrong, the right expression is "For all intents and purposes".
6. Stop saying "By purpose and On Accident" the right English expression is "On purpose and By Accident".
Thanks, share and follow the handle for more updates.
Content created and supplied by: ErickssonDGreat (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More