Your 20s are a time of figuring out your blueprint for life. You’re officially an adult, moving beyond the naivety of your teenage years, but not yet entrenched in the responsibilities of adulthood. You’re launching toward your future, full of energy and possibility. But you’re also at an age where the uncertainty and heartaches of life can leave you deflated and drained.
It's like your 20s is the middle of your life where you have to have fun as much as you can and also be wise and make certain decisions because those decisions tend to affect the rest of your life.
Your 20s is a mix of fun and seriousness and you need to find a way to create a balance between both.
I recently entered my 20s and trust me guys there's a lot of fear because I feel like the things I do at the point will affect me in the years to come, but I also want to have a loooootttttt of fun because I can never be in my 20s again once its over🤗🤗.
I'm sure a lot of us also feel the same, so I have compiled a list of my top 5 things to do in my 20s and I decided to share it with you guys..
1. Discover your passion. Your 20s are a time to discover who you are and what you care about. This is when you should be embracing big, audacious ideas and dreams, and using your passions to energize you and propel you forward. Find your purpose and pursue your dreams, also dream big. Yes our ambitions and goals might change overtime, but you have to start from somewhere. Build your career, enjoy the work you're passionate about, create new connections and discover the things you love to do and do them.
2. Read a lot. At this stage, you have to read a lot, read books,journals, read anything and everything that will be beneficial to you, no knowledge is lost. If you have the resources, further your education, build your professional skills, take courses maybe masters or even diploma courses. Just build yourself because honestly, there are a lot of opportunities out there, but nobody is willing to give it to someone that doesn't have anything to bring to the table. The world right now is very competitive especially when it comes to career. Even if you have a business of your own, don't stop building yourself.
3. Travel a lot (if you can). Damn!!!! Travel a lot!!!!!!. Visit beautiful places, meet new people. The world is filled with a lot of beautiful places that are just waiting to be admired if you have the resources, take yourself on trips, enjoy the beautiful view of this beautiful world, don't beat yourself too much and allow yourself to just breath and relax. Explore new places and new things.
4. Be open to different paths. Your 20s are an important time in which to run experiments and figure out what’s important to you, and where your talents and interests intersect. It’s a time to figure out what you’re really good at. To do this, you need to be flexible and open to trying new things out.
You may think you’re cut out to pursue a particular career path, but when it comes down to it, it may not be the job for you. Or maybe you find that your ideas and personality simply mesh better with another area.
Push yourself out of the comfort zone, be persistent .
Your 20s are a decade where you should be taking risks and leaping at opportunities. Yes, finding that reliable job with an established company seems like the responsible thing to do, and sticking close to home and living near family and friends feels safe and secure. But these options will keep you firmly rooted in your comfort zone.. dont allow yourself to become entrenched but do things that scare you, take risks(wisely)
5. Find a balance. There is a tendency to burn the candle at both ends when you’re in your 20s. We’re driven to work hard and get ahead in our careers, but of course we want to enjoy life and have fun, too. There’s nothing wrong with that. However, if you grind hard at work and then socialize and party nonstop in the evenings and on weekends, you may quickly become burned out. You have to find ways to restore your mind and body if you’re going to produce at the highest level and achieve success both personally and professionally.
Many people think their 20s are a time to live free from restraints and worries because the consequences of poor behavior still seem so far away. But this is also the decade when it’s crucial to start setting good habits that will support you in creating a healthy, happy, successful life, long into the future.
Start setting good habits now, such as healthy eating (including adding something green to your diet on a regular basis) and exercising regularly (you may find breaking a sweat gives you a natural high)
Are you in your 20s?,, comment and share with us some of the things you're willing to try. Are you past your 20s? Comment and tell us some of the things you did and how they've affected you in the course of your life.
Thanks for reading guys!!.
Content created and supplied by: AuntieComfort (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More