Nigerian Pidgin is an English-based pidgin and Creole (a language that is based on French and uses words from African Languages). It is spoken as a Lingua Franca within Nigeria.The language is sometimes referred to as Broken or "Pijin".
So I decided to take a break from the relationship talks and I thought of proverbs in Pidgin. Cool right?
In this article I've got a list of wise sayings in pidgin. They are hilarious yet meaningful. Enjoy 😉
- Craze no hard to form, na the trekking be wahala.
- Because lizard nor im head no mean say everytin dey ok.
- Person wey borrow cloth go party, no dey dance too much.
- If e be like say everybody dey craze"na you dey craze".
- Pastor wey no get money buy gold necklace for him wife go say "all na vanity".
- Na from escort me, escort me naim slave trade start.
- "I hear", no mean say "I gree".
- If girl take boyfriend do husband, she go take husband do boyfriend.
- Because native doctor travel go London no mean say di gods go start to speak English.
- Na when visitor chop for your house finish naim e go remember say time don reach to go house.
- Weather hot no mean say fowl go lay boiled egg.
- Pikin wey im mama back for back cross water, wey say e march fish. Wetin im mama go march?
- Na when trees near eachother naim monkey dey show skills.
- If life show you pepper use d pepper do pepper soup
- Na pesin wey never see problem dey use English pray.
Lemme leave you with this last one from a friend.
- Something no fit bite you from afar, e gats come close
That's all for now My wonderful people... leave a like n comment...Remember to wash your hands and use an alcohol based sanitizer also use a face mask when you go out... Covid-19 "still dey".
Content created and supplied by: NellyOnAMission01 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More