Pranitha Subhash is an Indian film actress who predominantly appears in
Baava (2010), Attarintiki Daredi (2013),
Massu Engira Masilamani (2015), and
Enakku Vaaitha Adimaigal . In 2012, she starred in the critically acclaimed film
Bheema Theeradalli .
Subhash debuted in the 2010 Kannada film Porki , a remake of the Telugu film
Pokiri , opposite Darshan. After the success of Porki , she refused several offers from Kannada films and became choosy about her projects before signing for the Telugu film Baava , a love story where she starred opposite
Siddharth .  She was praised unanimously for her portrayal of a Telugu village belle in the film. She then went on to appear in her first Tamil film, Udhayan, starring Arulnithi.
She was then signed up for her second Tamil project Saguni, opposite Karthi , which released in both Tamil and Telugu languages. Saguni was her biggest release: a film that released in a record 1,150 theatres all over the world.
She then appeared in Jarasandha and
Bheema Theeradalli , a real-life story of a naxalite , both opposite Duniya Vijay. Subhash was praised for her portrayal of Bheemavva by critics and won a
Filmfare nomination for the same.  She won the Santosham award that year for Bheema Theeradalli.
She then acted in the Kannada film
Whistle , for which she earned a nomination at the SIIMA awards.
After this, she appeared in the Telugu language film Attarintiki Daredi, which was released in September 2013 and went on to become the highest grossing Telugu language film of all time, collecting over ₹100 crore. It also won her nominations at various award events. The film is being remade in other languages.
During the same time, she worked on a Kannada film Brahma , opposite
Upendra . She also worked on
Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda, starring Raveena Tandon and Mohan Babu , in which she was paired opposite
Manchu Manoj. Both the films fared well. After a brief gap of two years, she signed for another Tamil film Masss , opposite Suriya in late November 2014.  In late 2014, she signed for a Telugu film Dynamite , opposite Manchu Vishnu.
In late June 2015, she acted in the Telugu film Brahmotsavam , featuring
She recently worked with Ayushmann Khurrana in the song "Chan Kitthan".
Subhash endorsed brands like
Joyalukkas , SVB Silks Salem, Bombay Jewellery, Welight Academy of Education, Sri Lakshmi Jewellery, Pondichery and RS Brothers. She was signed as the brand ambassador of the team Karnataka Bulldozers in the
Celebrity Cricket League in its third season in 2013.  In October 2014, Subhash along with Anu Prabhakar was selected as the ambassador for the Jewels of India – a fashion jewellery exhibition in Bangalore.  Subhash was the brand ambassador of Jewels Exotica the following year. She was the face of GRB and Lulu mall among others.
Subhash bought stakes in a hospitality company and now co-owns a restaurant called Bootlegger on Lavelle Road, Bangalore.
Subhash has been involved in various philanthropic activities in India. She is working towards modernizing public education in Karnataka by adopting schools and providing them with better infrastructure and sanitation facilities.  Subhash and a group of volunteers refurbished an ageing school in Karnataka's Hassan district. She has been committed to the cause by bringing an overhaul in the infrastructure and introducing language teachers in the schools.  Today, at least 13 such schools have been adopted by various individuals and has set a precedence to the others.  She contributed US$10,000 to the same cause.  In April 2019, the Election Commission (EC), along with Rahul Dravid , had appointed Subhash as a brand ambassador to promote awareness among general public on voting before the 2019 general election in India . The initiative was termed as "State Icons" and aimed to reach out to millions of voters in Karnataka.  In 2018, Subhash was a part of the Young South Indian Leaders delegation, organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Israel.
Denotes films that have not yet been released
Year Film Role Lan
2010 Porki Anjali Iyer Ka
Em Pillo Em Pillado Badra Tel
2011 Udhayan Priya Ta
2012 Bheema Theeradalli Bheemavva
Saguni Sridevi Ta
Ka Mr. 420 Rukmini
2013 Whistle Anu
Attarintiki Daredi Prameela
2014 Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda Kuchala Kumari "Kuku"
Ka Brahma Pranitha
Rabhasa Bhagyam Tel
2015 Masss Anuradha Ta
Dynamite Anamika Tel
A 2nd Hand Lover Herself Ka
2016 Brahmotsavam Babu's cousin Tel
Jaggu Dada Herself Ka
2017 Enakku Vaaitha Adimaigal Divya
Ta Gemini Ganeshanum Suruli Raajanum Priya
Mass Leader Deepa Ka
2018 Hello Guru Prema Kosame Reethu
2019 N.T.R: Kathanayakudu Krishna Kumari
2020 Ramana Avatara TBA Ka
Bhuj: The Pride of India TBA Hin
Hungama 2 TBA Hin
1. ^ "Pranitha Subhash nominated for "Bheema Theeradalli" " . THE INDIAN WIRE.
2. ^ "Pranitha moves to Tollywood" . The Times of India. 1 July 2010.
3. ^ "I don't like to overwork: Pranitha Subhash" . The Times of India. 23 June 2011.
4. ^ "60th Idea Filmfare Awards 2013 (South) Nominations" .
Filmfare. 4 July 2013. Archived from the original on 6 April 2016. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
5. ^ Suriya: Pranitha Subhash joins Suriya's Masss | Tamil Movie News . Times of India (16 January 2017).
6. ^ Pranitha Pairs up with Vishnu Manchu . indiaglitz.com (28 December 2014)
7. ^ T-Series (28 June 2018), Official Video: Chan Kitthan Song | Ayushmann | Pranitha | Bhushan Kumar | Rochak | Kumaar , retrieved 4 July 2018
8. ^ "Pranitha's rooting for the Bulldozers" . The Times of India. 8 March 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
9. ^ "Anu Prabhakar, Pranitha at inauguration of Jewels of India" . Newswala. 10 October 2014. Archived from the original on 18 January 2015. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
10. ^ Telugu: Pranitha turns her passion into a business . Times of India (29 October 2015). Retrieved on 11 September 2018.
11. ^ SM, Shashiprasad (24 October 2018). " 'Pedda' girl gets charitable" . Deccan Chronicle . Retrieved 22 February 2020.
12. ^ "Pranitha Subhash shares the colours of joy with kids - Times of India" . The Times of India . Retrieved 22 February 2020.
13. ^ "Do-gooders adopt, revive govt schools" . The New Indian Express . Retrieved 22 February 2020.
14. ^ "Pranitha Subhash adopts government school - Times of India" . The Times of India . Retrieved 22 February 2020.
15. ^ "Pranitha Subhash turns brand ambassador to spread awareness on voting - Times of India" . The Times of India. Retrieved 22 February 2020.
16. ^ Adivi, Sashidhar (31 December 2018). "Pranitha Subhash's Israel diaries" . Deccan Chronicle . Retrieved 22 February 2020.
17. ^ Sunayana, Suresh (24 January 2017) Vamsi Krishna: Pranitha Subhash roped in as the lead in Leader | Kannada Movie News .
Times of India. Retrieved on 11 September 2018.
18. ^ "Ramana Avatara finds its heroine in Pranitha - Times of India" . The Times of India . Retrieved 22 August 2019.
19. ^ "Bhuj: The Pride of India goes on floors in Hyderabad; Sanjay Dutt starts shooting for war drama" . Firstpost.com . 25 June 2019. Retrieved 25 June 2019.
Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pranitha Subhash .
Pranitha Subhash on Facebook
Pranitha Subhash on IMDb.
Content created and supplied by: Abdullahiibraheem99 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More