- Do not stretch your hand in the rain, or else thunder will strike you.
- Do not point at a grave or burial ground because your hand will dry off. When you point at a grave, you must bite all your ten fingers
- Atlantic and Pacific ocean are husband and wife before they turned into water.
- You don't whistle in the night, it attracts evil spirit.
- You don't say a baby is heavy or light in Yoruba land, It is addressed to corpse, you should rather say, the baby don't have weight.
- Oduduwa (the father of Yoruba land) descend from heaven to Ile Ife.
- A baby should not fall down from the mother's back, it is seen as an abomination.
- Once a lizard swallow your broken teeth, it will never grow again.
- We know our age by our height, the tallest is the eldest.
- Your saliva should not be step on by another person, it will cause throat pain.
- You don't sit on a mortal when its raining, because it will provoke the God of thunder.
- Masquerade are from heaven, they only comes to the world to check the living.
- When there's rain and sun at the same time, it means an Elephant is giving birth.
- Tortoise has as unsmooth shell because it fell from the sky.
However, most of this myth were used to scare, protect or entertain us back then.
Do you know any other myth they made you believe in your environment? You can drop it in the comment box.
Content created and supplied by: Superkay94 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More