It is interesting when you and your siblings are in the same line of job, one get to serve as a mentor to the other and will be able to rub mind together. This may be quite difficult when one walks with an unfamiliar person.
This is the case of some of the Nollywood actors and actresses who also have their brothers or sisters and even any other family members in the same industry. We are going to look at some of these actors and actresses who also have their relatives as colleagues:
(1) The Afolayans: The family comprises Gabriel, Kunle, Moji and Aremu Afolayan. These thespians were born into an acting family, as their father Adéyemí Afolayan and popularly known as Ade Love was an actor too. Apart from being actors and actress, they are also producers and directors of several individual movies.
(2) The Adebayos: Just like the Afolayans, the Adebayos also have acting blood running in their veins, because their father Adebayo Salami also known as Oga Bello, is a veteran in the business. Three of his sons that he incorporated into it are doing well and also making waves in the Nollywood industry. They are Femi Adebayo, Tope Adebayo and Sodiq Adebayo. They are also producers and directors of several movies.
(3) The Kosokos: Sola and Bidemi Kosoko are the two daughters of veteran actor Jide Kosoko, like the fathers of the aforementioned, they were also infiltrated into the Nollywood industry by their popsy.
According to their father, Sola was not keen to be an actress at first whilst he described Bidemi as someone who has been a theatre person from her mother's womb. The duo have featured and produced several nollywood movies.
(4) The Adekolas: Odunlade Adekola is an household name in the nollywood industry, who has featured, directed and produced many hit movies like Sunday Dinner, Saamu Alajo, Alani Pamolekun, Oyenusi, Mufu Olosaaoko and so on. He has also won several awards to his name. His brother, Oyekan Adekola is not a popular face in the industry, but has featured in movies most of which are with his brothers such as Saamu Alajo, Ajebidan, Ogo Oluwa and so on.
(5) Taiwo Ibikunle and Kenny George: Only few will know that the duo are not only family members, but twins. Kenny George is an award winning UK-based Nigerian actress, producer, who has carved a niche for herself in the industry. She burst into the movie scene not quite long and she has not looked back thereafter. She has featured in several movies such as: Koto, Pasan, Taxi Driver.
Her brother Taiwo Ibikunle is also a prominent Nollywood actor, producer, director, stage performer and a TV presenter. He came into limelight after featuring in a movie called "Eji Owuro" in 2003, he has gone on to feature in several other movies afterwards such as: Galegale, Adiye Ti Oku, Ife Gbóná, Latana.
What can you say about these actors/actresses? Let's know in the comments section.
Content created and supplied by: SuccessGistNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More