Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun popularly known as Wizkid, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter, born 16 July 1990. He started music at the age of 11.
1.Wizkid is a Muslim at birth as his father, Alhaji M.O Balogun, is a Muslim and has a Christian mum, Mrs. Balogun. He grew up living with 12 sisters, a lot right?
2. Wizkid was first known as ‘Lil Prinz’ when he started his music career. He went to the university of Lagos where he dropped out.
4. His very first single was 'Mami water', can you remember that?
5. The singer was later signed into Banky W's EME record label in 2009 which was the beginning of fame for the young man.
6. He has worked with Nigerian stars as well as international artistes including Drake and Chris Brown.
7. Wizkid is a father to three sons. His first son, Boluwatife in 2011, In 2016, Wizkid welcomed his second son, Ayodeji with his second baby mama, Binta Diallo and third son, Zion.
8. Ojuelegba’ is the song that drew the attention of the international scene
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More