The economic and financial crimes commission (EFCC) usually arrests fraudsters and corrupt politicians.
Celebrities are the least expected category of people to be in EFCC's radar. However, the EFCC has arrested and released a couple of popular Nigerian celebrities in the past few months.In this article, I would be outlining 8 popular Nigerian celebrities who were once arrested by the EFCC.
1. Naira Marley.If you ask me, I would gladly tell you that Naira Marley rose to limelight after his scandal with the EFCC in 2019. Recall; in may 2019, Naira Marley and some of his friends including popular singer, Zlatan Ibile were arrested by the EFCC over fraudulent charges. However, EFCC released some of his friends after few days and kept Naira Marley who was their prime suspect in detention.
Naira Marley was eventually released on bail after spending a month in EFCC custody.
2. Zlatan Ibile.Zlatan Ibile was arrested by the EFCC in 2019 alongside Naira Marley. However, he was released after spending only 4 days in EFCC custody. The "Zanku" originator also released a song inspired by his ordeal in the hands of EFCC, and tagged the song "4 Days in Ekothiebo".
3. Rahman Jago.The entrepreneur and music executive was also arrested alongside Naira Marley, Zlatan and others in 2019.
4. Gucci Branch.Gucci Branch was also arrested alongside Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile and others in 2019. The young skitmaker was released few days after being detained, and he featured in Naira Marley's "soapy" music video.
5. Adeherself.This young and beautiful social media comedian was surprisingly arrested by the EFCC last year over fraud related crimes. She was released on bail few months later.Adeherself is rumoured to be in a romantic relationship with fellow skitmaker, Lawyer Kunle aka Cute Abiola.
6. Pankeeroy.Nwagbo Chidera Oliver popularly known as Pankeeroy was arrested by the EFCC earlier this year, and was released after spending a month in EFCC custody.
7. Mompha.The self-acclaimed bureau da change operator has had his own share of EFCC prosecution, and the anti-graft organization still has a case against him.
8. Biesloaded (blogger blogger).Biesloaded was also among the boys who were arrested in Naira Marley's house by the EFCC in 2019.
Content created and supplied by: NorwayB (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More