Twitter is a very handy social media outlet that can be used to expand your audience and help you make some friends. Try to think of tweets that you would want to read or tweets that you would share with your own followers in order to get the biggest bang out of each 140 character string of words. Try to stick with safe and relatable humor for the best response. You do not want to turn people off with crude humor, especially if you are representing a business or brand.
Let’s face it: sometimes, it can be a challenge to keep your Twitter account exciting and fun. Here are some ideas of funny things to tweet when you’re out of ideas.
Quick and funny tweets are always winners on Twitter. Here are some examples:
1. 43 percent of statistics are made up.
2. Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
3. A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it.
4. Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
5. Borrow money from a pessimist–they don’t expect it back.
6. Always remember that you are unique–just like everyone else.
Something funny or ironic to think about.
There are many questions that can’t really be answered, but are intriguing. Asking questions or making statements about them will surely get a response from your followers. Some possible tweets include:
How Fulfilled Are You In Your Life?
7. Why is “abbreviation” such a long word?
8. All generalizations are false.
9. What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Sad but true statements.
Struggles in life are relatable. When you point them out with a little humor, you are sure to get responses and many shares. Basically, if something is bugging you, try to think of something funny about the situation. Here are some examples:
10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
11. The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.
12. Eat right. Stay fit. Die anyway.
13. Gravity always gets me down.
14. The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
15. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
16. The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
Statements or complaints that include oxymorons and make you do a double-take are always winners. Some examples include:
17. Ask me about my vow of silence.
18. The word “gullible” isn’t in the dictionary.
19. Honk if you like peace and quiet.
People respond best to things they can relate to, so any and all comments about daily life are a great way to get re-tweets. Some examples include:
20. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
21. The hardness of butter is directly proportional to the softness of the bread.
22. Vacation begins when Dad says, “I know a short cut.”
23. Go 3 days without your favorite thing. Then go 3 days without sleep. It turns out sleep is actually your favorite thing.
24. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
If you have not heard of someecards.com, you should definitely head over there. These funny photos and statements can be shared on Twitter with the click of a button and are sure to get a response.
Content created and supplied by: Sa'eedGarba (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More