Before the likes of Ini Edo, Bimbo Ademoye, Destiny Etiko, Oge Okoye, there were actresses who were considered the queens of Nollywood in the late 90s and early 2000s. Today's kids would never know the struggle of going out to rent video cassette tapes just to watch the gorgeous actresses we looked up to then. Below is a list and before and after pictures of old gorgeous actresses who no longer grace the big screen with their rivetting performances and where they are now
1. Sandra Achums: This list would not even exist without her on it. The 53 year old veteran actress from Imo state in Nigeria graced the big screen in the late 90s and early 2000s. She featured in blockbuster movies such as "Karishika", "Domitilla", and "Hatred".
In 2006, Achums relocated to Germany to live there with her husband and kids and she is currently based there.
2. Chinelo Ndigwe: The beautiful Chinelo Ndigwe who is an indigene of Anambra state was born and raised in the light of the nation also known as Anambra state.
She rose to prominence in the movie egg of life and went on to feature in blockbuster Nollywood movies such as "love from above", "My school mother", "Faith in Christ" and who could forget her performance in Acrimony? Chinelo has stopped acting for over 10 years in Nollywood to focus on being a full time house wife and take care of her family. Her performance has been missed.
3. Victoria Inyama: Victoria Inyama was a beautiful actress we couldn't resist watching in the early 2000s. She started her career in the early 90s and has featured in movies like "Glamour boys", "Iyanga" and "Silent night". The mother of three who is currently based in the United States quit acting in Nollywood for over 15 years to focus on family.
4. Maureen Solomon: The gorgeous ex Nollywood actress was born and raised in Abia state. Before she quit acting, she appeared in various movies which were huge in almost all Nigerian homes. She has acted with the likes of Ramsey Noah, Emeka Ike, Jim Iyke. She featured in movies like "Super love", "The snake girl" and "Total war". She quit acting in 2005 after she got married to her soul mate.
5. Georgia Onuoha: The former Nollywood actress and model hails from Anambra state. She started her career in Nollywood at the age of 10. She featured in movies such as "Living in bondage", "Egg of life", "Without apology".
She quit Nollywood to relocate to the United States where she is currently working as a health care worker.
6. Alex Lopez: The Nigerian-Brazilian former actress and model was born in Jos, Nigeria. Known for her roles in "Domitilla", "The good the bad and the ugly", and "Abuja connection". The half caste Nollywood actress quit acting a long time ago for reasons best known to her but have left a lasting impression on viewers.
7. Susan Patrick: The gap tooth beauty hails from Akwa ibom state. Popularly known for her role as the snake girl in Sakobi. Most people born in the 80s and 90s remember this movie so well because she brought out her best performance. Unfortunately her whereabouts have been unknown since she left the Nollywood scene and she has not been spotted physically or on social media. We all miss her rivetting performance and hope she's doing well.
Content created and supplied by: Storyteller0 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More