Naya Marie Rivera was an American actress, singer, and model. She began her career as a child actress and model, appearing in national television commercials before landing the role of Hillary Winston on the short-lived CBS sitcom The Royal Family at the age of four.
However, everyone has been thrown into mourning after the tragic and unexpected loss of popular Hollywood actress, Naya Rivera. She would be greatly missed by her family, friends, her co actors and her fans as a whole, far and wide. She left behind an adorable four year old son, Josey Hollis Dorsey who was the only one present at the time of her death.
Here are interesting facts you never knew about her;
1) Her full name was Naya Marie Rivera and was born on 12th January 1987 in Santa Clarita, California, United States. She was born to Yolanda, a former model and George Rivera. She had two siblings; Mychal Rivera, her younger brother and a younger sister Nickayla Rivera who is a runway model.
2) Even before celebrating her first birthday, Rivera became a part of the world of glitz and glamour. She began her career as a child actress and model. She was used for television commercials and soon landed a role as Hillary Winston on “The Royal Family” at the tender age of four. The show lasted from 1991-1992.
3) Naya used to work at Hooters Restaura17 and when she was a young child, she visited Michael Jackson’s Ranch called “Never land Ranch” twice. Seems she was a Michael Jackson lover!
4) Naya was a singer, Yes a singer. Many people don’t know this but in 2011, she signed with “Columbia Records” and in 2013 she made her debut single with rapper Big Sean in a song titled “Sorry”. She also featured in cover of Muse’s “Super Massive Black Hole”
5) Unfortunately, in 2014, it was reported that Columbia Records dropped her because her first single, “Sorry” was under-performed
6)Her breakthrough role was in “Glee” when she played the character of Santana Lopez, which centered on the fictional William McKinley High School and its Glee club in 2009. The series ended in 2016
7) She auditioned for Glee with the song “Emotion” from the Bee Gees!
8) Naya got her promotion on Glee on the second season of the show to official series regular status and was even given her first solo in the fifth episode of season two!
9) Naya Rivera was nominated about 24 times and won 11 awards!
10) She briefly dated Glee co-star Mark Salling in 2010. She also dated the recording artist Big Sean (2013) before she tied the knot with her longtime boyfriend now ex-husband, Ryan Dorsey in 2014 at Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and got divorced in 2018
11) Naya Rivera was arrested in November 25th 2017 for allegedly physically assaulting her then husband who gave the police a cell phone video which provided the authorities with the information of the assault that led to her arrest. She was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery and although she was arraigned at the Kanawha County Magistrate Court, she was finally released on bond after a brief court appearance.
12) Naya was left-handed.
13) She had anorexia as a teenager. In a layman’s definition, anorexia is a disorder in which there is an abnormal fear of being fat, causing the person to stop eating, leading to dangerous weight loss
14) Heather Morris does not only play the best friend of Santana Lopez in the Glee show, but also is one of Rivera’s closest friends in real life as well!
15) She was crazy about Mexican food!
Her other movies include; At the Devil’s Door (2014) and Mad Families (2017) which she was widely known for; The Master of Disguise (2002), Baywatch (1996) and others.
Her books include; Sorry Not Sorry: Dreams, Mistakes and Growing up
She died on the 8th of July 2020 in Lake Piru, California United States after she ‘accidentally drowned’ whilst saving her son as explained by investigators.
Kindly leave your comments, like and follow for more information.
Content created and supplied by: Fid_news (via Opera News )